pinterest

Friday, January 20, 2012

People who criticize but don't have the balls to write anything themselves

These are the side-line, armchair, grumpy critics that think they are smarter, brighter, "more enlightened" in the English language,and are always pointing out others' mistakes while thinking they have none. These are usually people who never comment on anything someone writes, and I mean EVER. They find every "typo" and are certain it is a "mistake". They disagree with blatantly voicing an opinion, yet complain when things don't go their way. They hide behind their ipad screens, scrutinizing every comment, punctuation placement and grammatical error, as if they have never made one. But how would anyone know??? They never write anything!!! Maybe a sentence here or there. But they don't put themselves out there to be judged. They are overly concerned with what "friends" on facebook think of them, which paralyzes them when thinking about actually voicing their opinion. Not wanting to be associated with "that kind of thinking" they read others' comments on facebook, but never "like" them. What are they so afraid of????  Don't like what people write? Call 1-800-STOP-READING!!  Recently I spelled peruse incorrectly in an article, I was fully aware of the mistake but couldn't get back into the publishing tool to change it. So I left it there. Glaring off the page was a HUGE mistake, read by over 1,000 people!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Do I care?? No, I don't. Mistakes make us human, through them we learn. I now know how to correctly spell peruse!!! I can also use it correctly in a sentence: Please peruse my writing and take from it what you will!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment